Colorado Springs is known for Pikes Peak, Garden of the Gods, the Manitou Incline, and plenty of fabulous places to eat and drink. This guide will help you to make the best decision of what places to see and full your belly.
The first time we saw Colorado Springs we felt we didn’t have enough time there. This trip we had 6 days to really dig in. Our checklist below will help insure you see it all.
Colorado Springs Checklist
Epic Things to See in Colorado Springs: Seven Falls
- Adults: Ages 13+ years – $17
- No parking at South Cheyenne Canyon Park for Seven Falls Guests
- Shuttle from 1045 Lower Gold Camp Rd located at Norris Penrose Event Center
- Dogs are allowed on leash in the park
- .8 mile hike to the falls
- Requires an advance reservation
- 2,762 stairs with 2,000 ft elevation gain over .88 of a mile
- Bring lots of water
- No dogs allowed on trail
- Take the Barr trail down to make it a loop
Save your knees by taking the Barr trail down from Manitou incline. It adds 3 miles to the hike but the views are fantastic. If you are craving more adventure, the Barr trail also takes you up to the top of Pikes Peak.
Miramont Castle (Epic Things to See in Colorado Springs)
- Built in 1895
- Adults 13+ = $14
- Self guided tours
- No reservation required unless you want to have high tea in the queens parlour tea room
- Located with ample parking Downtown Manitou Springs
Our epic things to see in Colorado Springs started with filling our bellies with Bambinos Urban Pizzeria. Their Cheesy Garlic Bread with garlic sauce was to die for.
Great rooftop views, beer and ambience at OCC Brewing. We enjoyed the Oktoberfest, Amber, Whit, and Pale Ale.
Avocado toast and orange latte surrounded by plants and rope ceiling for the win.
- Food truck in parking lot
- Two bar spaces (one in the front by the entrance and one in the back through the hallway)
- Also two patios
- I loved the Ginger & Juice Peach Kettle Sour (Fruited)
- Damion enjoyed the Dry Hopped Limeade Shandy Radler
Located within the converted Ivywild school house. Open concept on a nice day when the garage doors can be open. Also a ton of outdoor space with BBQ food truck. The Mango Pirate Golden Sour and the Yellow Kite Summer Pils were our favorites.
Also located in the Ivywild School house enjoy the sunshine on the patio with a mojito and the delicious Patty’s Porch Sipper.
Epic Things to See in Colorado Springs: Humble Coffee
- Drive up Coffee Hut
- A large iced Debonair (peanut butter mocha) and Melody (maple toffee nut latte) was so good we went two days in a row
- Delicious scones with icing
Two blocks from our Airbnb was this café and coffee shop. I loved the breakfast waffle and an iced caramel mocha. Damion ordered a chorizo burrito and an iced caramel latte.
- Can also drive to the top and skip the hike
- 3 mile easy hike
- Loop trail
- Excellent views of Colorado Springs and beyond the entire time
- Overlook in Palmer Park
- Open air coffee shop
- Ample parking
- Refreshing vanilla iced latte and brown sugar mocha iced latte
Pikes Peak (Epic Things to See in Colorado Springs)
- Make a Reservation ahead of time to drive to the top of Pikes Peak
- Can also take the Cog railway to the top
- Bring layers (up to 40 degrees cooler on the peak)
Epic Things to See in Colorado Springs: The Winery at Pikes Peak
Enjoy a wine tasting located at the bottom of Pikes Peak. Inviting front porch with many different Colorado wines to buy. The Chardonnay was a clear winner.
Also, Located at the bottom of Pikes Peak is the Wines of Colorado. This is a great place to grab a burger, wine flight, old fashioned flight, and baked brie.
- Pour your own and pay by the ounce tap wall
- Beer and wine
- Live music
- Large patio
- Multiple restaurants to choose from
- One bar with excellent cocktails
- Our top choice was the cucumber Collins
- Regular live music and trivia
Epic Things to See in Colorado Springs: White Pie
This underground speakeasy style restaurant is a must. First, we arrived early without reservations (however, reservations are recommended). Secondly, we ordered The Whiskey Hamish (Breckenridge Bourbon, Fresh Orange, Triple Sec, Ginger ale) and The Cheshire Sour (Breckenridge Bourbon, Fresh Lemon Juice, Housemade Simple Syrup, Avia Sweet Red Wine). Finally we had to end the night with a piece of their to die for carrot cake.
We sat upstairs for an excellent view of the mountains at sunset. The fried pickles and beers filled our bellies.
The Garden is a string lite beer garden with a food truck. Order from your phone using a QR code or with the server. Delicious margaritas and regular TV or movie nights projected on their wall.
Garden of the Gods (Epic Things to See in Colorado Springs)
- Free and open to the public
- Iconic rock formations
- Dog Friendly trails
Other Epic Things to See in Colorado Springs
- Fargo Pizza
- Crystal Park Cantina
- Cliff Dwellings Museum
- Cave of the Winds Mountain Park
- Pulpit Rock Park Loop
- Colorado Custard