Duluth is known for their excellent location on Lake Superior in Minnesota and a fabulous food scene. This guide will help you make the most out of a weekend in Duluth.
The North Shore is fabulous May through September. However, check the weather before you hit the road to insure you packed enough layers. Make sure you download our PDF Checklist of the must see things to do and places to eat in Duluth.
Make the Most out of a Weekend in Duluth Checklist
- Free park open until 10pm
- West side of Duluth
- Overlooks the entire city and more
Make the Most out of a Weekend in Duluth: Minnesota Point Light House
- Climb to the top to watch boats come in under the Ariel lift bridge
- Overlooks Lake Superior
Ariel lift bridge is a Must to Make the Most out of a Weekend in Duluth
This lift bridge is located in Canal Park. It allows large ships to come in including the first cruise ship to Duluth in over 10 years when we were there in May of 2022.
- A range of costs and tour options (click the link above to see what tour is best for you
- Open 9-5 most days
- Buy tour online in advance to get the right one for you
- Excellent views of Lake Superior
- Read up on the murders before arriving
- Large patio with firepits
- Fun earthy atmosphere
- Mix and match with a flight
Excellent smoked sandwiches and cocktails. Northern Waters Smokehaus has fantastic views of the water in Canal Park.
Vikre Distillery is a Favorite of our to Make the Most out of a Weekend in Duluth
- Cocktail room and Patio overlooking the Ariel lift bridge.
- APHRODITE’S KISS (Boreal Cedar Gin, hibiscus rose syrup, aquafaba, lime juice, dried rose blossom)
- My favorite: ZERO FOX GIVEN (Amaro Superiore, Herbal Liqueur, lemon juice, simple syrup)
Canal Park Brewing Company has an amazing view and great food. If you enjoy sour beer I recommend the Watershed Gose.
An easy stop to get in and get out when hungry. Order ahead or at the counter if your willing to wait.
Grandma’s Bar and Grill is a staple in Canal Park since 1976. Great onion rings and bar food.